3 cups raw walnuts
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Add all the ingredients into a blender, food processer, Magic Bullet or Vita-Mix and start out on the lowest variable speed and then flip to high. It should become pretty smooth in about 1 minute. At this point, check the walnut butter and taste it, if it needs more oil or salt, you can add it at this point. Do not add any more oil than you have to, otherwise you will be able to pick up the taste in your finished product. You only need the oil for blending efficiency.
If you want to make your nut butter a bit sweet, you can also add 1 tsp of raw honey or a few sprinkles of stevia.
Here are some of my favorite ways to use different nut butters…
1. Almond Butter with apple sauce with cinnamon sprinkled on top – a great after dinner snack if you’re looking for something sweet.
2. Almond or Walnut Butter on pretty much any fruit. My new favorite is almond butter on fresh figs…yummy!
3. Nut Butter and Apple Butter Sandwich – one of my favorite on-the-go breakfast options. I use 1-2 tbsp of nut butter and 1 tbsp of apple butter on 2 slices of sprouted grain bread and out the door I go.
4. Cashew Butter on celery sticks – add a few raisins for a little sweet taste.
5. Walnut Butter in oatmeal – I mix the walnut butter right into my warm oatmeal. Sometimes I add 1 tsp of honey as well.