Wanted to let everyone know that we are now located in Salt Lake City Utah for the unforseeable future Most of you are aware that DH has prostrate cancer and though we went through the treatments 21/2 years ago it seems that it fled the coop before those treatments were done...and a little known thing is that there are different types of prostrate cancers most are slow growing and most men will die of something else even though he has prostrate cancer...DH has a more aggresive one and more than likely will die of prostrate cancer...when they realized that the cancer was in his bones they gave him a projected life span of around 10 years granted noone knows what the time frame is other than our Heavenly Father...but that was the educated guess..this Feb he was told that probably 2-3 years..not the news we wanted to hear ....his health declined so much while we were in Quartszite that we finally flew him back up to SLC to see the Dr. and see what needed to be done to get him to feeling better...he was throwing up about everything he ate which wasn't much was so weak and just wasn't doing well to say the least. The plan was to get him typed and crossed and have a transfusion then do chemo then do a mri on his head then I was flying back down to Q to pack up the 5th wheel so it could be taken up to SLC...seems like I was in SLC 2 Weeks but so long ago all of a month maybe but so much has gone on that I'm not remembering exact details..he did the chemo well felt better after the transfusion and the MRI didn't show any progression in the head...but he was still throwing up hacking up this huge amount of phlem but the time came that I was going to head to Quartzsite had one last drs appt to make went to it and when they put him on the scales he collasped got him into the wheelchair to a room and his bp was very low so the recommendation was to go to the hospital which we did and talked about whether I should go to the airport and fly out as planned this was just hours before I was to leave we decided that I needed to go as a friend was flying down to Phoenix to go to Q to drive the 5th wheel up north on the Weds a week later (this was monday) so I left and he went to the hospital with his daughter staying with him...there they treated him for a GI bleed more transfusions blood and platlets at one point they thought he had a heart attack and nothing they could do as his blood was so low they couldn't put him on blood thinners as I understand the process..I flew back on Monday morning and we got him out of the hospital that night and the 5th wheel arrived on Weds..We are located in the KOA campground looked at other options and this seemed the best for our needs...he as started radiation for the pain they are thinking the chemo might have been part of the problem so much of his problem could have been address in AZ but when you say he has prostrate cancer then that became the problem he was dehydrated loss of blood gi bleed and fluid on the lungs all of which could have been addressed there. Anyway we are here he is no longer throwing up and the fluid on the lungs is going down so not as much hacking up phlem and it's been a week sense he has had a transfusion...what a week.. wish I could say that all is better tonight I'm down and not seeing that it's better even though in lots of ways he is but so much pain...we can't seem to get it under control..
If you find yourself in the position where a loved one has a high PSA address it immediatly get the second opinion and if he goes through the radiation ect I think I would recommend chemo as a just in case it did excape...which we had but then one never knows do they?
If you find yourselfs in Salt Lake City come see us we would love it
I think I've repeated myself from a post in the past but oh well